- May 20, 2019
- Posted by: opabconsults
- Category: Uncategorized
The future of Africa is undoubtedly technologically oriented and this means technology will solve a lot of problems on the continent.
This is why Techpoint Africa is partnering with The University of Sussex in England on the “Inspired Technovation Challenge”.
This is a perfect partnership because over the years, Techpoint has spread the gospel of technology in Africa. The University of Sussex on the other hand is a world class institution with an extensive curricula for intensive studies in many fields of technology and engineering, amongst others.
This competition is aimed at identifying, inspiring, encouraging and recognising future innovators, techpreneurs, data scientists and artificial intelligence engineers in Africa for the fourth industrial revolution and the future of work.
Submit a disruptive and tech-driven innovation that has the potential to transform Africa’s future of work in a 700-word pitch document or 3-minute video.
The top five innovations will be invited to pitch their ideas to a panel of experts at TechPoint Inspired.
- ** One postgraduate scholarship worth £6,000 and ₦70,000 for first place (terms and conditions apply) and mentoring from Techpoint Africa
- ₦50,000 for First Runner-up and mentoring from Techpoint Africa
- ₦30,000 for Second Runner-up and mentoring from Techpoint Africa
- Consolation prizes for fourth and fifth places
- Computing with Digital Media MSc
- Advanced Computer Science MSc
- Data Science Msc (TBC)
- Information Technology with Business and Management MSc
- Intelligent and Adaptive Systems MSc
- Management of Information Technology MSc
- 5G Mobile Communications and Intelligent Embedded Systems (with an industrial placement year) MSc
- 5G Mobile Communications and Intelligent Embedded Systems MSc
- Advanced Mechanical Engineering MSc
- Digital Signal and Image Processing MSc
- Engineering Business Management MSc
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems (with a Masters industrial placement) MSc
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems (with an industrial placement year) MSc
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems MSc
Terms and conditions of entry
- A means of Identification (IDs) to be presented alongside entries.
- By participating, entrants agree that their names, profiles, and images can be used for publicity purposes for the competition.
- Entries must be not more than 700 words and 3 minutes for videos, and will be judged on the originality of ideas and creative approach to the subject.
- Entries close at midnight on 25th May, 2019.
- Selected finalists will be required to register to attend Techpoint Inspired 2019
- Winners will be announced at Techpoint Inspired 2019
- The organisers and judges have the final decision on the winners.
About Engineering and Informatics at The University of Sussex
“Future-proof your career at The University of Sussex with a Masters at the School of Engineering and Informatics”
Informatics at The University of Sussex has a long and rich record of excellence in computing teaching and research especially in the areas of telecommunications and artificial intelligence- the first public demonstration of an intercontinental computer link using satellite communications was made at The University of Sussex, in 1973.
This heritage continues today — with teaching and research in areas including artificial intelligence, bio-inspired computing, cognitive science, digital media technologies, foundational issues in computer systems, and human-computer interaction.
Engineering at The University of Sussex is home a range of world-leading and pioneering interdisciplinary research as well as and state-of-the-art facilities to advance disruptive innovation in technology and equip graduates with skills for the future workplace.
Some of our popular research clusters include:
- Data Intensive Science Centre
- Future of Work Hub
- Future Technologies Labs
- Advanced Communications, Mobile Technology and IoT Group
- Evolutionary and Adaptive Systems Research Group
Visit https://inspired.techpoint.africa/sussex to apply