- May 20, 2019
- Posted by: opabconsults
- Category: Uncategorized
TheCable, Nigeria’s topnotch online newspaper, is looking for an experienced, self-motivated journalist to lead a team of reporters to produce award-winning stories.
The successful candidate will have a track record as a dynamic, creative editorial leader and a highly developed knowledge of investigative journalism. Awards and recognitions won by the candidate offer an added advantage.
The newspaper is based in Lagos.
- To commission and deliver distinctive, significant investigations, which achieve high levels of impact and audience appreciation
- To guide the team’s journalism from the development of ideas, through the creative process of gathering material, to the editing and delivery of outstanding films
- Provide vision, strategic direction, and confident leadership to the investigations team
- Set challenging objectives, and provide regular and clear feedback
- Experience of long-form, investigative journalism
- Ability to create a vision and inspire others to realise it
- Experience of making sound judgements on matters of editorial sensitivity
- Clear understanding of media laws
- Impressive track record of outstanding investigative work
- Proficiency in modern, digital journalism and have a decent grasp of social media workings
Method of application: All applicants should send their CVs and applications to email@example.com. The position applied for should be the subject of the mail.
Pay package: Our remuneration packages are very competitive and negotiable.
Deadline: May 30, 2019.